Thursday, March 5, 2020

Peer Review

     Today we were assigned to peer review our class mates movie openings. We had certain people that we would peer review. I was given a paper with the criteria on what to be looking for. We had to find out if the video was the correct length and if it told a story. I had to judge whether the transitions were clean or choppy. I had to see if the opening had the correct titles in the right order. I had to see if there was good lighting and sound. Mostly I had to find if there were the correct shots. Some shots I had to find included establishing shots and medium shots. I had to find if there was diegetic or non diegetic sound. I also had to see if camera movements were included like pans and tilts. I also had to give feedback on the film. I had to write one thing I liked about the film. I also had to write about one suggestion I would make to the film. Sadly, I was unable to write any of this for the person I was assigned to peer review. The person did not appear the day of peer review so I was unable to get their movie opening. This was really unfortunate since I was looking forward to peer reviewing. I was interested in what direction my classmates decided to go with for their movies. I also thought it would be a nice change of perspective to become the reviewer. It was still nice though that my film is got peer reviewed and I am excited to hear the feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment