Thursday, February 27, 2020

Editing Blog: Opening Scene

     We started editing yesterday. We started editing our first scene since that is majority of what we have filmed. My group mate does the bulk of the editing. This is mostly because she likes editing more and i like filming more. I usually put my input in on what she should edit though and how. There is a scene where our main actress is trying to turn off her alarm. The footage of this was one minute long so we had to cut it a lot. I said we should cut it when her hand goes out of frame so it looks unnoticeable. We then realized our actress never fully put her hand out of the shot so we had to find another way. I suggested that when she covers the camera with her hand that's where we cut it. There was another part that looked weird so I suggested we cut that completely out. We were also going to edit another scene we filmed. This was a scene in which are main was walking to school. We had a continuation of that scene where the main looks down and it switches to her POV. When watching the footage my partner realized my feet could be viewed in the shot. I suggested we just refilm it instead of trying to edit it weird. This can be seen as somewhat good as we don't have to edit as much. This is because when the camera switches to the main actress's POV it is supposed to show her listening to the song playing over the scene. We still haven't decided on a song so now instead of editing the right song on the phone we can just film it correctly with the right song.

No comments:

Post a Comment