Friday, January 17, 2020

Introducing Myself Again

     Hi my name is Alicia. I am a freshman in high school. I currently take eight classes, three of which are college level classes. At my school we have four classes each day named white days and blue days. On white days I have biology honors, study hall, algebra two honors, and theater. Biology and algebra two are my some of my hardest classes. On blue days I have criminal justice one, AICE media studies, AICE general paper, and AICE global perspectives. The classes with AICE before them are my college level classes and I think I'm handling the workload pretty well.
     For my newest project I am working in a pair with someone I have worked with in previous projects. Her name is Audrey and she is also a freshman.
     Over the past months I have learned a great deal about filming and editing. I got hands on experience with a camera. I learned where the SD card goes and how to turn it on. I also learned how to go back and look at footage just shot. I learned that the filming process takes a long time. I learned that sometimes you have to reshoot something or plans don't work out. I also learned what storyboarding was and how important it is. I also learned that the environment you are filming in is important like a busy mall would not be a good place for a quiet scene. Editing is a main thing I learned about as I had no previous experience. I learned that you had to dump your footage onto a computer first. I also learned you need an SD card reader to get the footage in the first place. I learned the separate places for audio, video, and titles. I also learned how to split videos and delete specific parts. I also learned how to add and remove sound. Overall I have learned so much in first semester I have been in this class.
     Our new project is about making the opening of a movie and we have three pitches.
1. A dramatic story about the effects of global warming turning the world into an apocalyptic wasteland and an isolated mentally disturbed teen.
2. A rom-com of 2 guys fighting over a girl realizing she was already taken and they eventually fall in love with each other.
3. A coming of age movie of how social media impacts a teen's life. It highlights the global issues happening in the modern-day world.


No comments:

Post a Comment