Friday, October 25, 2019

Filming the Commercial

     We started filming our Vans commercial this week. We had a lot to set up since we brought props for our commercial . First we had to bring the props to our location of filming. Some props i brought were Halloween decorations since our commercial was Halloween themed. I brought a fake jack-o-lantern, a pumpkin that had branches coming out of it with ghosts and bats hanging from it, and a light up pumpkin. A non Halloween themed prop was a coupon from a Vans store. The most important prop, though, was my pair of Vans. My shoes were very important since we were filming a shoe commercial. After the props we had to sign out our equipment needed for filming. The equipment we used was a tripod, camera, and SD card.
      In the actual filming I was a main actress. Our first scene was filmed at the Senior Patio outside. Since it was very sunny and hot outside we found a table with an open umbrella. After the establishing shot of the patio was my scene. I put on my converse and sat down at the bench. I talk about how I need new shoes. Then a coupon is slowly shoved in my direction. Next, we switched to a POV shot of "me" noticing the coupon. Then it is back to filming me in confusion of who left the coupon there. That was all we had to film at the Senior Patio and we moved onto our next location.
     Our next location was the bottom of the library still outside. I helped carry the props over to the top of the library since that was where the scene after that was being filmed. This scene was of me going to the store the coupon advertised. This was a shot of my shoes to make sure the audience knows my brand of shoes are not Vans. Next, now at the top of the stairs, is the scene of me arriving at the front of the "Vans Store". We originally tried to put our sign labeled "VANS" on the window but that didn't work. We set up the other props and decided to just have someone from our group hold the sign. The scene is an over the shoulder shot of the doors, that open to the library, to a big Vans sign. Then we had to pack it all up and and finish filming Monday. We then dumped all of our footage on a flash drive.  

No comments:

Post a Comment