Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Research 9, The Short

  Today I watched the short film 9. This is a seven minute animated short film. I really enjoyed this short film. The characters were really unique. I liked the rag doll appearance of some and the robotic appearance of others. The setting was also very cool. It had a post apocalyptic feel and somewhat reminded me of Wall-e. The sound is what really made an impact on me most though. There was no dialogue in the short film. The only sound really heard is diegetic and score. The sound and lack thereof helped the mood of the short film a lot. It made moments feel more scary and suspenseful. The sound of the robotic spider characters made me feel as if I was inside the film. The plot was interesting too. The main character is a rag doll like with a 9 on its back. 9 seems to have had a mentor or a friend in the past. 9's friend has the same appearance but with a 5 instead on its back. The mentor/friend seems to have saved 9 and died by the hands of a spider like robot. 9 seems to have grown up and faces a spider again. 9 survives this incident and is seen putting two pieces of something together. One of these pieces is something 5 had given to 9. The pieces drop on the floor and begin to show a bunch of holographs with the same appearance of 9 but with different numbers on their backs. One of them is 5 and the short film ends. The ending confused me a bit but overall I liked this short film a lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment